Audi officially entered the World Rally Championship in 1979. This vehicle is one of the four built works wagons of Group 4. It was registered with the license plate IN-NS 23 on 21.02.1979 on the Audi AG and immediately used at the Sachs Winter Rallye. When first used in the World Rally Championship, the Rally Portugal in March 1979, it reached equal to a 6th place in the overall standings with the drivers Harald Demuth / Arwed Fischer and thus the first World Championship points in the history of Audi. The vehicle was in use in another 3 World Championship rallies in 1979: Acropolis Rally with Demuth / Fischer (task), 1000 lakes rally with Wittmann / Deimel (26th place) and RAC Rally with Rae / Coyle (28th place) . The best finish in the European Championship was achieved by the team Demuth / Fischer with 2nd place overall in the ARBÖ rally and the ÖASC rally. In the 1980 season, the vehicle was used in the Austrian championship in Group 2. The team Franz Wittmann / Dr. Kurt Nestinger reached the overall victory at the January rally and the Lavanttaler midnight rally. At the end of the year, the Austrian Rally Championship had been celebrated. It was approved from 13.03.1980 with the license plate S 108.727 on Porsche Austria, Salzburg. From the 05.05.1980 the MIG (Motorsport Interests Community) Linz became owner; the license plate changed to L-29.100. At the end of the season, Andi Stigler still drove the vehicle in the 3-city rally. In 1981 and 1982, the vehicle was used by Heinz Klausner / Ruben Zeltner, including at the January rally and the Phyrn Rally.